H.H. JAGAT GURU AMrTA SÚRYÁNANDA MAHÁ RÁJA
- President of the European Yoga Confederation
- President of the Portuguese Yoga Confederation
- President of the Iberian Yoga Confederation
- Founder and Honorary President of the Yoga Sámkhya Institute
- Aggregated Member of the Hindu Dharma Achárya Sabhá
- Membro do Steering Committee of the Quality Council of India - QCI, a committee that aims to create and establish quality standards and standards in the Training of Yoga Professionals, in all the World.
- He proposed at the beginning of 2015, to the Government of India and Portugal, that Yoga should be declared by UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity, which eventually happened by initiative of India in 2016, October 5th, in Adis Abeba, Ethiopia.
Honorific DLitt Degree by the University of Bengaluru (S-VYASA), India - 2014, January, 12. Distinction received together with the Grand Guru B.K.S. Iyengar Jí, 96 years-old - considered the greatest Yoga Master of today, meanwhile deceased.
Was attributed Padma Shrí Award – the Highest Distinction granted by the Government of India, and for the first time granted to a Portuguese, due to his meritorious work towards the Traditional Yoga of Bhárata / India in the World, by nomination of the Government of India, announced at the Republic Day of India – 2015, January, 26, and to be awarded by the President of India at the Presidential Palace (Rahstrapati Bhavan) – 2015, April, 8th (this Award was granted for instance to Mother Teresa of Calcutá)
Received the Matsyendranathá Award by the Ujjein Yoga Life Society – Ujjein, India - 2014, January, 11.
Has recently received as well an Honour Prize from the Sanyas Áshrama of Mumbai / Svámin Vishveshvaránanda, and a homage of the current India’s Ambassador to Portugal, his Excellency Dr. Jitendra Nath Misra, in Portugal on occasion of the Ceremonies of the International Day of Yoga 2014, in Portugal.
PUBLICATION OF LITERARY WORKS
ORGANIZATION OF CONGRESSES, AND NATIONAL, IBERIAN AND INTERNATIONAL YOGA MEETINGS
DAY OF YOGA - IDY,
ON THE SOLSTICE,
BENGALURU EM 2011, DECEMBER,
4th AND 5th
PHILOSOPHICAL / DIPLOMATIC WORK